We are a non-profit organization which aims at giving cultural institutions in Luxembourg, the greater region and throughout Europe a platform for interdisciplinary exchange and networking. More specifically, we continuously offer international cultural activities that support students’ personal development in general and their intercultural competences in particular. To this end, we organize:
- interdisciplinary workshops,
- classes on portfolio preparation for students, that are preparing for studies in the field of arts,
- training programs on intercultural competences,
- training programs on body language,
- summer schools for students from all nations
- and exhibitions in combination with concerts or reading lectures.
Why do we found the „Moving.Lab – European Interdisciplinary Laboratory of Culture and Education“?
The 10-year ongoing international work of the „Cross Border Network of History and Arts“ (Established in 2007) and the „Transatlantic Dialogue“ conference, which has been held since 2008, have given us numerous positive insights in the field of „Cultural Education“. We want to extend and continue these experiences in cooperation with various institutions and actors of society. In a second step, a consortium consisting of elected European and also non-European academies and universities will be targeted as a means of internationalization. This institution allows any partner of the Moving.Lab to avoid political or ideological constraints in its home country.
Purpose of the organisation is, above all, to strengthen all facets of education and culture by creating synergies between the cooperation partners. In so doing, we promote intercultural competences, through the propagation of student culture at universities and other institutions in both European and non-European countries.
How we want to work?
Building on the experience of the Cross Border Network, we continue to organize and offer international and interdisciplinary workshops for students from European and also non-European academies and universities at different locations in Europe every year. These workshops will continue to be open to all population groups.
Continuing education, advanced training and interdisciplinary activities in the areas of art, design and science for students, teachers, and any other interested people are the goals of the Moving.Lab. In addition, close cooperation with local authorities (e.g., by jointly organizing artistic projects in various cities, as well as developing a concept for the promotion of cultural education in schools) is very important to us.
What do we want to achieve ?
- Promotion of holistic education and culture with numerous cooperation partners.
- Promotion of intercultural skills.
- Promotion of student culture at the academies and universities of European and also non-European countries.
- Implementing creativity and innovation in society through art, design and science.
- Promotion of ecological awareness among the population.
- Anchoring cultural education in schools and universities.